Tuesday, November 2, 2010

 

Lemon and Garlic Tilapia with Brown Rice and Spinach

 

So I am trying to eat a lil bit better these days and have been experimenting with seafood recipes. Now I didn't say I was a vegetarian now, I just said I was trying something new, so if you see me tearing up some oxtails in a few days don't judge me! Check out this quick and easy way to make a tasty Tilapia dish.

 

  Ingredients

 

  • 4 Tilapia fillets
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • garlic salt
  • cayanne pepper to taste
  • black pepper
  • mushrooms

Directions

  1. Rinse Tilapia fillets under cool water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place fillets on plate and drizzle both sides with lime juice, then season with garlic salt, black and cayanne pepper.
  2. Allow fillets to marinate for atleast 5 mins.
  3. Heat non-stick frying pan and melt butter for a few seconds.
  4. Add seasoned fish fillets, and cook on one side until done, then with spatula carefully cook fish on other side.
  5. Add mushrooms to pan cook.
  6. Once mushrooms are cooked, use spoon to spread mushrooms over fish and with spatula take fillets out of pan and enjoy with a staple and vegatables.

No comments:

Post a Comment