Monday, November 1, 2010

RIP Miss Norma

Norma Shirley


This evening I received some sad news. Jamaican culinary maven Norma Shirley has passed away.
Dubbed the "Julia Child of the Caribbean," by Food & Wine Magazine, Miss Norma's passion for food, creativity, attention to detail, and bigger than life personality has always been admired by me.
I will never forget her insistence while I sat in her renowned restaurant, Norma's on the Terrace at the famed Devon House, that I refine my palate and try new things. (And I do mean insistence, Miss Norma was a real character) One thing is for certain, I am happy I listened to her. 
Thank you for being an inspiration. RIP Miss Norma.

1 comment:

  1. What sad news. I adore the food at devon house;-)
    And I loved eating at Norma's, too. Indeed, may she rest in peace. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete