Thursday, December 30, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan


Honestly I never thought I would be an eggplant fan. But with age I notice I am much more willing to try new things. And who woulda thunk I would actually like it. So after trying it out, I decided to make my own healthier version of eggplant parmesan.
Ingredients
  • Large eggplant
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 6 cups spaghetti sauce
  • 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
  • 1 cup Ricotta
  • ½  cup Parmesan cheese
  • ¼ Cheddar cheese
  • Garlic powder
  • Seasoning salt
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cut eggplant into round slices and dip in egg, then in bread crumbs.
  3. Heat pan and generously cover with cooking spray. Place eggplant in pan and brown on each side.
  4. In baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
  6. Serve over pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this looks so good!! I will definitely try this - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete