Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Nate Berkus Show!

Nate Berkus

So yesterday I was given the opportunity to go to the Nate Berkus Show. I adore him, and have for years.




I first became familiarised with Nate from an apperance on The Oprah Show when he discussed the tragic ordeal of losing his partner, photographer Fernando Bengoechea, while vacationing in Sri Lanka when the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami hit. Since then Nate became a regular on Oprah as the resident interior designer, and this September he got his own show. I tune in almost everyday to watch, loving his decorating ideas, but more importantly watching because he just seems like a cool guy. Oh and he is really good with kids too.


So i was out of the house early this morning, having been told i wouldn't get in if i got there later than 8:15am. I got to the CBS Broadcasting Studio at 8:05am (whew!), and there were approximately 164 people in line before me. I swore that meant nose bleed seats, but shrugged it off and was just happy to be there. I stood in line for about 40 minutes before the line started to move and the producer told me, "Nice dress", and marked my ticket with an N. Once in, security looked at my ticket and pointed me to a room which turned out to be VIP. 'Not too shabby,' I thought. After answering a few questions on paper and signing a waiver it was time to go into the studio.


Part of the set
The Nate Berkus set is gorgeous (it has to be he is an interior designer, sorry my pics don't do it justice). As the producer told people where to sit i was too busy soaking in the atmosphere to realise it was time for my seat assignment. "You are in the front row," said the producer. A bit startled but naturally maintaining my cool i hopped to it with the quickness. I am not a star struck individual, but I can't deny being stoked to be seated right infront of Nate. I love Nate, guys. He's like my cute gay jewish pal pal who can decorate the hell out of a room. While waiting on things to start  i even made a new friend. Hi Kyle!



Waiting on Nate
Kyle and I

Then it was Show Time! Phones had to be turned off and no more pictures would be taken, and Nate appears to thunderous applause.


He is even more cute in person, and just like i thought he is really a cool guy. Making jokes in between segments and talking to the audience. 


It was a great experience, which before i knew it, was over. (The show will air within two weeks. I will keep u all posted.) The highlight of my day? As the credits ran Nate came up and shook my hand. I am just happy i didn't completely dork out like a teenage Justin Bieber fan. 











No comments:

Post a Comment